Thursday 29 June 2017

Pictures from an Eltham bus ........ nu 13 ....... "quick snap of the Grove Market development..."

The top deck of a London bus has to be a pretty neat way of seeing the world below.

And when it is the same bus at about the same time every day then you have got yourself a project.

All you need is a camera and the patience each week to record the same spot.

It helps if there is a major new development underway like the one in the High Street and the rest as they say is Larissa Hamment’s Pictures from an Eltham bus.”*

And today Larissa sent me this one with the comment, "Quick snap of the Grove Market development...."

Now if like me you are longer in Eltham its good to get Larissa's updates.

I have to say I am not over keen on the new development which seems to dominate the area.
But then I guess there will be those who were unhappy when the old houses came down to make way for the shopping centre.

And it is one of those things that I just don't remember those houses, although we were in Well Hall just before the market was built.

All of which just leaves me to say I do like the half timbered property even though it probably not much older than me.

Location, Eltham High Street, Eltham, London








Pictures;  2017, from the collection of Larissa Hammen

*Pictures from an Eltham bus, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Pictures%20from%20an%20Eltham%20Bus

No comments:

Post a Comment