Thursday 19 January 2017

The Vanished Ones ............... no 2 that building from the middle of the 19th century

Now take a keen photographer with an eye for how the city is changing and you get a new series which for want of a better title I shall call the “vanished ones.”

I am back with my old friend Andy Robertson who makes it his business to record the passing of everything from pubs, mills to offices and houses.

Those who follow the blog regularly will know just how tenacious he can be at chronicling the passing of one building and the emergence of another.

And that is it.

I could have course gone into the history of that building but I will leave that to others.

But I won't short change Andy and so I will include all three of the images he sent over.

It has to be said that he was unlucky with the weather.

On both occasions he seems to have been on on a day when the pavements were wet and the day grey and grim.
We are  looking up towards Chethams from Hunts Bank separated by just a few years.

Location; Chethams ,2016, 2017





Pictures; from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment