Thursday 19 October 2023

The March Of Manchester .......... revealing the pages from the book

Now I wasn’t prepared for the interest in the book The March of Manchester.

It was written by Eric Midwinter and used in his history lessons in Oldwood Secondary Modern School in Wythenshawe in the late 1950s and early 60s.

Mr Midwinter taught in room 11, where just over a decade and a bit later I also did my bit for Manchester and history.

In the stockroom I came across his book and enough people showed enough interest for me to scan and reproduce two extracts.

The first on the Romans in Manchester is itself a bit of history which I will leave you to ponder on.  The other offers two illustrations and for anyone who has ever tried producing material on a gestener these are pretty good.

Location; Manchester

Pictures, pages from The March of Manchester, Eric Midwinter, circa 1956-67

*A little bit of history in the stockroom of a Wythenshawe high school, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/a-little-bit-of-history-in-stockroom-of.html

No comments:

Post a Comment