Sunday 13 November 2016

The Salford I am discovering for the first time part 1, the Black Horse

From the archive one from 2014.

Now it isn’t so much that I haven’t discovered the places in this series, just that I have passed them by without much of a second glance.

So here over the next few weeks are a repeat of selection of pictures from Andy Robertson who was out and  snapping buildings he likes and ones that I am being drawn to.

This is the Black Horse Hotel whose story I will look up in the fullness of time, and perhaps sooner rather than later.

I can't think it is long for this world.

But then I haven't looked up the planning applications and there may be a scheme to save it and bring it back into use.

I hope so and in the meantime I shall just leave you with that repeated request if any remembers drinking there has stories of the place or even pictures I would like to use them in the blog.






Pictures; The Black Horse Hotel, 2014, from the collection of Any Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment