Saturday 15 October 2016

Sitting in Piccadilly Railway Station

Now I like Piccadilly Railway Station.

I never knew the old London Road Station, and by the time I came to Manchester the new Piccadilly had been open for business for nine years and was already looking a little tired.

But its successor always delights me.  It is light and spacious and there is pretty always something different.

Some detractors complain that it is a bit too much like an airport and lacks the period grandeur of Victoria or that iconic roof down at Oxford Road.

But as much as I like both Victoria and Oxford Railway Stations, Piccadilly has a buzz, and so for no another reason than we were in Carluccio’s on the upper floor and I took a series of pictures I have decided to show off the station all over again.

The photograph was taken on my phone because I was a little embarrassed to bring out the camera and the lighting was iffy but I like what I saw.

Location; Manchester

Picture; Piccadilly Railway Station 2016, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment