Sunday 19 September 2021

Tram watching .............. down at Castlefield Deansgate

Now my old friend David has collected the numbers of all the trams in service.

Me, I just do the pictures.

And so on one hot sunny day before the rain came back I was down at the Castlefield Deansgate Metro stop watching the trams go by.

I have to say like a lot of people I was very impressed with the stop.

And equally with the route to Victoria  which was started life as the  Second City Crossing.

I can’t claim I was there for all the new openings but did the trip in stages on the East Didsbury line, followed it up with the Ashton, Oldham and Rochdale services and much later than planned the trip out to Trafford Centre..

No doubt I will be one of that small bunch armed with camera and recording equipment some of who fifty years ago could have been seen at the end of railway platforms writing down the numbers on the passing locomotives.

For reasons to long to explain I never did get into train spotting partly I guess because there were very few steam locos on the South Eastern Region delivering passengers into London Bridge, Waterloo and Charing Cross.

I am sure that the experts could spot the difference in the green liveried electric trains but I couldn’t and so instead of number snatching I favoured those plastic aircraft kits with the odd Historic figure and ship thrown in.

All of which is a long way from watching the trams but having long ago collected my concessionary bus pass and with acres of time stretching out each day there could be worst places to spend an adventure.

Location; Castlefield Deansgate,

Pictures; tram watching at Castlefield Deansgate, 2016, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment