Monday 23 May 2016

In the High Street with Ryan looking for Mr Fry

I always like it when I can revisit a bit of the High Street.

Now given that I live in the North that  is a tad more difficult than when I lived on Well Hall Road.

So here courtesy of Ryan is a building I discovered by chance long after I had taken the train to Manchester.

It sits behind a bank down a narrow pathway but has a rich and interesting history.

So for those who do not know its story or want to know exactly where it is I shall suggest  you read the stories about John Fry and his daughters which have appeared on the blog over the years.*

Armed with these you will be able to follow in the footsteps of Ryan and Mr Fry.

Now that is a challenge.

Location; Eltham High Street

Picture; Mr Fry’s fine house, 2016, from the collection of Ryan Ginn

*John Fry, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/John%20Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment