Friday 11 March 2016

“It doesn't get any more exciting than this” .................. street furniture on Warwick Road South

“It doesn't get any more exciting than this,” and with that Andy went on to say “I don't recall seeing one of these before but then I have led a sheltered life. Spotted on Warwick Road South, if you zoom in it says “"STRETFORD URBAN DISTRICT COUNCIL STREET LIGHTING"

And its amazing what more you can learn.  My old friend Graham Gill added to more on e of which was in much better condition than the other and called them Lucy Boxes which was totally new to me, but Neil Simpson put me right, they were so called because they were manufactured by Lucy of Oxford.
."

Warwick Road South, 2016

Stretford  Urban District Street Lighting
No more to say, a smashing bit of street furniture.

Thank you Andy Robertson.

And its amazing what more you can learn.

My old friend Graham Gill added to more on them including another two pictures, one  of which was in much better condition than the other.

He referred to them as  Lucy Boxes which was totally new to me, but Neil Simpson put me right.

They were so called because they were manufactured by Lucy of Oxford.

So it would appear Andy and I are not along in finding street furniture and more especially these ones fascinating.

Wythenshawe
So in the words of some one more famous than me, "bring on the rest."

















Location; Old Trafford & Manchester
Gately
















Picture, a bit of street furniture, unknown date from the collection of Andy Robertson, 2016 and two more from Graham Gill, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment