Tuesday 8 December 2015

Back with those tall ships and a surprise appearance

Now I recently posted a couple of pictures taken by my old friend Bernard of the tall Ships Festival at Greenwich.

At the time I promised some more and here are two more.

There were plenty of fine ones to choose from but in the end I went with these two.

The first pretty much captures all that is graceful and romantic about tall ships under sail.

The second is no less impressive and reminds me that while those sailing ships have long ago lost any connection with cargoes and mean commerce, the Woolwich Ferry continues to do what it does best, chugging back and forth across the river, delivering cars, lorries and people from one side of the Thames to the other.

Pictures, the Tall Ships Festival at Greenwich, September 2014, courtesy of Bernard Major

No comments:

Post a Comment