Sunday 10 May 2015

A fine new history blog

Now I always enjoy reading new blogs and I was pleased to see my friend Debbie has begun writing about the past.*

The first focuses on The Birkenhead Case – Wright Robinson and Conscientious Objectors.**

“The case concerned two trade unionists from Liverpool – Charles Dukes and George Beardsworth – who wanted exemption from conscription because of their strongly held, moral beliefs.

They wanted this to be recognised as grounds for exemption similar to that granted to men who had deeply held religious objections to fighting.”**

And that is I am going to say and suggest you follow the link, read the story and wait for the next one.

Picture; from The Birkenhead Case – Wright Robinson and Conscientious Objectors, Debbie Cameron


**The Birkenhead Case – Wright Robinson and Conscientious Objectors, http://historicalclues.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/this-is-my-original-research-that-was.html?spref=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment