Saturday 11 April 2015

A present from 1938 and a big thank you

Now the week end has just got a little more interesting with a collection of magazines which dropped through the letter box half an hour ago.

They range from The Passing Show and My Home from 1938 to a range of periodicals culminating with Woman’s Own for January 12 1956.

And of course they are a treasure trove of our social history.

They were passed on to me by my friend Suzanne who has been the source of many wonderful bits of memorabilia, from photographs to hand painted birthday cards.  She emailed me with "in case you were wondering, I posted a couple of old magazines through your letterbox today.

I came across them in the attic and thought something in them may be of interest to you. If not recycle, or bin them."

And that I could never do, so in the fullness of time the blog will benefit from this collection.

Watch this space.

Picture; cover from the Passing Time no 532 (New Series) Vol 7 December 17th 1938, from the collection of Suzanne Moorehead

No comments:

Post a Comment