Friday 6 March 2015

Another of those Hulme pubs ............ the Junction

Now I guess if you have ever lived in Hulme, or worked there or even just passed through on the bus you will know the Junction.

During the last  four and bit decades it has undergone different paint jobs and faced uncertain times, first as the traditional housing was swept away and then again as the Decks were demolished but has come through.

But I have to own up to never having been in.

There was no particular reason for that and looking back I wish I had.

That said there will be plenty who did and I rather hope some of their memories and stories can be shared with those of us who never did.

Andy tells me that once upon a time there was another floor and as gone off looking in the digital archive to find a picture.

I am guessing it may have been lopped of earlier last century.

Of course there may well be someone out there who has just such a picture or failing that one from when the colour scheme was brown.

But until then I shall leave you with these two and wonder where Andy will go with his camera next.

Pictures; the Junction 2015 from the collection of Andy Robertson

2 comments:

  1. The Junction was never a 'popular' pub in the Crescents hey-days. It did steady trade though. Was so pleased to see it still standing when I recently visited the area. Sadly, "The White Horse" (my personal fav!) had long gone!

    ReplyDelete