Friday 21 March 2014

Down in Central Ref just a day before the reopening

Now I can’t be exactly sure but I think we are in that bit of the Ref which was once Local History.

Back then this bit was full of tables, computers and of course book shelves.

Both Archives and Local History will have moved to the basement and so I am intrigued at what the long curving corridor will be used for.

I did read that the plan had been to return the area to an open space designed for exhibitions.

We shall see.

In the meantime I have to say I do like the restored meeting room with its fine wooden paneling, polished floor and those very impressive light fittings.

I would very much like to sit in there and given that meetings can be tedious I rather think the surrounds would well make up for any boredome brought on by the third set of minutes.

Pictures; courtesy of the Press Office of Manchester Town Hall,  MWP PR 100314 IB 1397 and MWP PR 100314 IB 1423

No comments:

Post a Comment