Thursday 6 February 2014

On a wet night looking across at the old Well Hall Odeon


Another in that occasional series which feature contemporary photographs of places with a history.

Now I have never lost my affection for the Well Hall Odeon or the other cinemas in Eltham, and so when I recently ran a story on that picture house by the roundabout Larissa promised me a picture.*

And here it is taken at night on one of those wet days that seemed to sum up January 2014.

Look carefully at those brave and hardy souls working out can be made out in the second of the two images.


I have long held to that simple maxim that when you feel like doing something energetic, lie down to the mood wears off which I suspect explains my widening girth.

So all credit to the people who were caught in Larissa's picture.

Pictures; the old Well Hall Odeon, © Larissa, January 2014


*Eltham’s cinemas, http://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Eltham%27s%20Cinemas



No comments:

Post a Comment