Sunday 16 February 2014

A new school extension, back on Oswald Road a month later

Now I have to confess that I didn’t think when I posted a story about the new build down at Oswald Road School it would cause a flurry of debate.*

But that is what happened, and essentially the rift fell between those who were unhappy at the new development obscuring the view of the old Board school and those who pointed out that the extension was badly needed and would offer our children a 21st century school.

I must admit I am torn between the two.  I love old Board schools but am aware that the demand for new school places has to be met.

So for now I shall reflect that the debate on the need for new schools is not new and goes back over 170 years.

In the meantime Andy Robertson was back on Oswald Road to capture the stairs going in.

Picture; courtesy of Andy Robertson

*Changing Chorlton, on Oswald Road in January 2014  http://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/changing-chorlton-on-oswald-road-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment