Thursday 14 February 2013

Scenes of Piccadilly sometime in the early 20th century


It’s one of those pictures I have found difficult to date, but I bet there is someone who can tell me.

The fashions would suggest sometime before the Great War, but that car in the corner just confuses me a little.

But what a wonderful photograph it is, perfectly capturing Piccadilly at one of its busiest times.

Forcing ther way through the crowds are trams heading out to Belle Vue, Denton and Sale and plenty more whose destination I can only guess at.

And in the absence of much more to say I thought I would isolate little scenes from the big picture and just let your interest and imagination do the rest.

Picture; Car 346 in Piccadilly, from the collection of Alan Brown







No comments:

Post a Comment