Tuesday 4 December 2012

The St Clement’s Cricket Club


Now I am out on a quest.

Yesterday I was pushing back the history of the Chorlton-cum-Hardy cricket club, which started with a picture from my old friend Oliver which showed his uncle outside the club house.*

Oliver also lent me a second photograph of his uncle, which intriguingly is entitled St Clement’s CC.

Now I naively thought this too would be relatively easy to track down.

But so far I have drawn a blank.

Perhaps there may be a clue in the background which seems to suggest the wide open spaces of the meadows.  So were they playing on Chorlton's ground?

There are plenty of references to a St Clement’s CC in the Manchester Guardian for the interwar years but none which seem to for a team in Chorlton.

So there is the quest.  Where were they based, when did they play and does anyone remember them?

Picture; courtesy of Oliver Bailey

http://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/chorlton-cricket-and-search-for-its.html

No comments:

Post a Comment