Thursday 16 August 2012

Coming soon, ....... the book, a few stories on how it was written and the people who helped


"The summer of 1847 promised to be a good one which was an important consideration for a rural community and a good starting point for our story.  

After all 96 of our families were engaged in some form of farming and so a good harvest would put food on the table, guarantee work for the many and help the village through the dark cold winter a head."*  

Well that’s the start of the book and for all those who have already ordered a copy, or stopped to ask me about its progress we are almost there. It is now in the final stages of production and I have to say I am quite excited.

There are many people I would like to thank who have helped me with its writing and over the next few weeks I have decided on a short series of posts which will describe why and how I wrote it and in the process record my debt to those who told me stories, lent me material or just showed encouragement.

* http://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/A%20new%20book%20for%20Chorlton

No comments:

Post a Comment