Thursday 15 March 2012

British Home Children Another talk


If you followed the post yesterday on British Home Children, http://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/2012/03/learning-more-about-british-home.html you will know that I was talking last night on the subject in the meeting room of the Co-op on Hardy Lane.

It went down well and like all these things you never know where it will lead, so I was pleased that after it was over, one of the audience asked if I could pass the power point on to a friend who couldn’t get to the meeting. She is a Canadian history teacher who had only recently become aware of BHC.

And that for me increasingly is the purpose of the talk and posts. Having almost given up on finding anymore about my own great uncle who went over in 1914 it is knowing that I am doing my own little bit to bring the story of BHC to people over here.

Picture; from the collection of Lori Oschefski

No comments:

Post a Comment