Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Story of Chorlton-cum-Hardy

Now I am not one given to self promotion, but as we have just passed the second anniversary of the publication of  THE STORY OF CHORLTON-CUM-HARDY,  I thought I should just mention it.*

Of course it has nothing to do with the imminent advance of Christmas more just a celebration of the story of where we live during the  first half of the 19th century I thought I would just revisit it.

I had originally planned just to write about the history of Chorlton from rural community to suburb of Manchester but there was so much material on that first fifty years that it took up the book and as someone said to me a general history of the township had already been done so instead here are the lives of the people who farmed worked and lived here between 1800 and 1850.

Modesty prevents me from saying more, except that it is available from Chorlton Book Shop.**


*A new book for Chorlton http://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/A%20new%20book%20for%20Chorlton

**Chorlton Book Shop, http://www.fire-hire.co.uk/bookshop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment